If you have been involved in a car accident, you need to contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Since the collapse of the economy, insurance companies have taken advantage of traffic accident victims who are without representation. Shortly after a traffic accident, sometimes, even at the scene of the accident, insurance adjusters offer a minimum amount of compensation to injured victims before their injuries are properly evaluated and treated by a physician.
Do not be fooled by the insurance industry. Failure to treat your injuries immediately after an accident, whether major or minor, can have a lasting negative impact on your life. Please do not endanger your health or give up your legal rights. If you have been injured in a car accident, call Petersen Johnson attorneys today for a free initial consultation.
If you are in a traffic accident, there are 7 important things to remember
- Examine carefully for injuries. If someone needs medical attention, immediately dial 911 to request an ambulance.
- If you or someone is seriously injured, do not make any movement. If there are no serious injuries, and you can, with care, get out of the vehicle immediately.
- If it has not been done yet, call 911 and report the accident to the police.
- While waiting for the police to arrive, feel as it is possible for you to be injured, and still not feel much pain. Walking, bending or lifting could make your injuries worse.
- While you are sitting, review what happened. I collected the data. At what speed was he driving? Why was the locality there? Was the turn indicator on? (If applicable)
- If possible, make notes, to avoid forgetting important details. Do not talk to anyone about the facts of the accident, with the exception of the police.
- If there is a witness (s) present, ask for your name (s) and phone number (s). Your testimony (s) may be helpful in helping to establish responsibility (about who was responsible).